Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Gingerbread houses











It's that time of year again--the making of the gingerbread houses. It took Kim and I about 3 hours to make the houses and another hour to build them (we split that between 2 days.) It's a tradition that my family has had since we lived in Japan, and my dad (yes, my dad, since my mom was visiting relatives in the US) learned how to make them at Homemaking meeting in Relief Society. Apparently, his house was so good that the women were quite mad at him. Even now, his gingerbread villages (he can't do just one house) are amazing. The kids each invited a friend or two over, and they decorated their houses with candy. It's a lot of fun, and they eat as much candy as they put on the houses. Harrison decorated a gingerbread man; he really worked hard on it.

1 comment:

Summer said...

I would say your kids are going to be really good at building houses when they are older.